Pupil Premium at St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School
At St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School, we have high aspirations for all of our children and are committed to supporting then all to keep up - not catch up. We are determined to ensure that all of our children are given every chance to ‘be the best that they can be’ whilst ‘Inspiring everyone to REACH through Faith, Hope and Love'.
Background to Pupil Premium Funding
Pupil premium funding is a government grant that was introduced in April 2021. This grant was introduced to raise the attainment and outcomes of disadvantaged pupils in England.
School accountability for the Pupil Premium Funding
Pupil premium is paid to schools as they are best placed to assess what additional provision their pupils need and to determine how the funding should be used to improve attainment, drawing on evidence of effective practice.
Schools are required to publish their strategy for their plans for the best use of their pupil premium. The strategy includes:
- details about a school’s Pupil Premium Grant allocation
- a summary of the main barriers to educational achievement faced by eligible pupils at school
- how a school plans to spend the Pupil Premium to address those barriers and reasons for that approach
- how a school plans to measure the impact of the Pupil Premium
- the date of the next review of the Pupil Premium strategy.
- the attainment of the pupils who attract the funding
- the progress made by these pupils
- the gap in attainment between disadvantaged pupils and their peers.
This year all schools are required to publish their Pupil Premium Strategy Statement using a template provided by the Department for Education. For the financial year 2021-22, schools will receive the following funding for each child who is eligible for free school meals:
- £1,345 for pupils in primary schools.
Schools will also receive funding for each pupil who is identified as having left local-authority care because of one of the following reasons:
- a special guardianship order
- a child arrangements order
- a residence order.
These children will receive;
- £2,345 for pupils in Primary Schools.
For further information about pupil Premium please click on the link below;