Welcome to Saint Patrick’s class page!
Class Teacher – Mrs Lynham
Class TA –
Here in Saint Patrick’s class we start every day with Guided Reading. Thank you so much to the parents who come into hear us read (we love showing off how good we are). We could always do with some more help – so please don’t hesitate to let us know if you are able to help for 15 – 20 minutes any morning.
- Saint Patrick’s homework will be set on a Friday. The Literacy homework reinforces work that the children have been doing in class. The maths will also link to the strand of maths we are learning in school but will also focus on knowledge of times tables. Spellings are also set weekly – to be learnt at home and tested in school on Thursday afternoons.
- Please try and make sure your child(ren) has their spelling book with them on a Thursday.
- All homework needs to be completed and handed back in on the following Wednesday.
- PE will take place on our amazing Friday afternoons, please ensure school kit is in school. This includes suitable footwear (plimsoles/trainers – laces only if the children can tie them themselves). PE will normally take place outside, so please ensure that your child has kit suitable for the weather (tracksuit bottoms and hooded top). School PE kit is a house colour top and navy/black shorts (not a skirt).
- Now autumn is here please ensure your child(ren) has a warm water proof coat and outdoor footwear (wellies are fine or old trainers).
- Reading at home is so important. We would love all of the children within Saint Patrick’s class to read 5 times per week to an adult outside of school. When the children have read at home please make a note in the children’s diary and number them, 5 reads in the same week equals a reading award point!