Welcome to Saint Mary’s Class Page!
A big welcome to all of the new children and their families. I am very excited about this new school year and am looking forward to meeting and getting to know all of you. I have lots of new ideas and activities for us to explore together and I looked forward to seeing how you grow and develop throughout the year. We will be ensuring that the children know how to wash their hands, washing them throughout the day and providing them with hand sanitiser throughout the classroom.
Teacher – Miss McCarthy
Teaching Staff – Mrs Hill
Here in Saint Mary’s class we start every day with Guided Reading. Thank you so much to the parents who come into hear us read (we love showing off how good we are!). We could always do with some more help – so please don’t hesitate to let us know if you are able to help for 20 – 30 minutes any morning.
- Saint Mary’s homework will be set on a Friday, this will include alternate homework: phonics worksheets for one week in their pink homework books. These are the sounds that we have been learning in the week or previous. This all needs to be completed and handed back in on the following Wednesday. And will also include maths worksheets for the second week.
- PE will take place on a Friday, please ensure your child comes dressed for PE on a Friday. This includes trainers, a house colour top and navy/black shorts. In the wet and colder months, please send your child to school in appropriate clothing - waterproofs, school hoody, hat, gloves, etc as we may still be outside for PE.
- Mystery Reader will take place on a Thursday afternoon. The sign up sheet is outside of the classroom door.
- Show and Tell will take place on Tuesday afternoons. As we are unable to bring in items from home, please email a photograph to email@example.com with your child's show and tell.
- REACH Friday's - please ensure your child is dressed appropriately for outdoor weather on Friday's. This includes school winter PE kit - wellies, trainers, PE tshirt, hoodie, navy or grey tracksuit bottoms and a warm coat.
- We would love all of the children within Saint Mary’s class to read 5 times per week to an adult outside of school. (Everyone at home you are able to document this in the children’s yellow reading diaries). Myself and Mrs Hill will keep a close eye on this (on your child’s change day) and any children fulfilling this task will be rewarded with 1 reading point. Reading points are given for 5 reads between your child's weekly change day.