Welcome to Saint Mary’s Class Page!
Hello and welcome to Reception at St Joseph's Catholic Primary School! I would like to welcome all of the new children and their families - I look forward to getting to know you all. I am very excited to be your class teacher and look forward to us learning and growing together. I have lots of exciting plans and activities for us to explore, inside and outdoors, as well as following your interests and allowing opportunities for child-led learning.
- Homework will be set each Friday, which will need to be completed in the pink homework books and returned by the following Wednesday.
- PE will take place on a Friday - please ensure your child comes to school dressed in their PE kit. This includes trainers, a house colour top and navy shorts. In the wet and colder months, please send your child to school in appropriate clothing - waterproofs, school hoody, hat, gloves, etc as we may still be outside for PE.
- Show and Tell will take place on Tuesday afternoons. The children will be on a rota for this. Please ensure your child only brings one item when it is their turn. This will start the week commencing Monday 27th September.
- Outdoor Learning - We will be learning outside in all weathers. Please ensure your child brings in wellies and waterproofs which can be kept in school all year.
- Reading - We would love all of the children in Reception to read 5 times per week to an adult outside of school. Please document each read in your child's yellow reading diaries. This will then be looked at on your child's book change day and if your child has read 5 times within that week they will be rewarded with 1 reading point.
- WOW Vouchers - Please continue to complete WOW vouchers for your children, we love celebrating your child's achievements. Please see the template below if you need more.
We are learning all the time!
Sometimes that means we get a bit messy!
In the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS), learning is very practical and 'hands on'. Our classroom display shows that we will be developing our knowledge and skills through a variety of activities, sometimes resulting in our uniform becoming a little bit dirty. Please don't be upset with us about this - it just means we have had a wonderful day full of exploring and learning!
Miss Jessica Berry
Reception Class Teacher
Mrs Chelsea Hill
Reception Teaching Assistant