Home Learning (Year 2)
Welcome to Year 2's home learning page!
Thank you for supporting your children at home with their learning! I will continue to post activities for your children to complete at home, in line with what they should be covering in school. Please see below for a suggested timetable. This is by no means compulsory but may help some children to structure their day.
As some of you may be aware, children across the country are displaying a rainbow in a window of their homes for others to look out for. In the bible, this is a symbol of peace and hope. If you have already done this, please upload on to the school's Twitter account. It will be a great way to show your friends! Here is the account name: @St_Josephs_Glos
- 'I can use a range of materials creatively to design and make a product.'
In Year 2, there is a 'Common Exception Word list' which all children are required to be able to read and write by the end of the academic year. The children have worked exceptionally hard on these (you may recognise some from previous spelling tests). I have uploaded a sheet with a column for reading (R) and writing (W) which you can tick off once your child has secured that word!
As a school, we have online learning platforms we subscribe to. These will prove invaluable to all pupils during this period of time away from education. In order to ensure all children can gain access to the platforms, all pupils have been sent home with their login details to these sites to ensure they can access them at home.
- BugClub - Children can access a variety of books (appropriate to their reading level) and complete multiple reading comprehensions. Here is the website: https://www.activelearnprimary.co.uk/login?c=0
Week beginning: 30th March 2020
This week, the children should be continuing their learning with Money. Here are the new objectives:
- 'I can find different combinations of coins that equal the same amount of money.'
- 'I can calculate change from 50p.'
- 'I can calculate change from £1.'
Below are the activities the children should work through.
I have also attached some addition and subtraction activities called 'Colin and Coco's daily maths workout' for the children to complete!
- Maths Monday 30th March 2020.docx
- Maths Wendesday 1st April 2020.docx
- Maths Tuesday 31st March 2020.docx
- CanDoMaths Workout 2.1 Answers.pdf
- CanDoMaths Workouts 2.1 2.2 March 2020.pdf
Week beginning: 23rd March 2020
This week, the children should be learning about Money. Here are the objectives:
- 'I can combine £1, £2, £5 and £10.'
- 'I can use the symbol for pounds (£).'
- 'I can find the sum of different amount of pounds.'
- 'I can combine 1p, 2p and 5p coins to make different totals.'
- 'I can combine 10p, 20p and 50p to make different totals.'
- 'I can find the sum of different amounts of pence.'
I will upload the activities I have planned for the children to work through so that they are still able to meet these objectives.
I have also uploaded some arithmetic papers for the children to work through. These will include a range of operations such as adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing.
- Maths Friday 27th March 2020.docx
- Maths Monday 23rd March 2020.docx
- Maths Thursday 26th March 2020.docx
- Maths Tuesday 24th March 2020.docx
- Monday 23rd March 2020 Maths On Track (MOT).docx
- Maths Wednesday 25th March 2020.docx
- Tuesday 24th March Maths On Track (MOT).docx
- Year 2 English Grammar and Punctuation 3.pdf
- Year 2 English Grammar and Punctuation 2.pdf
- Year 2 English Grammar and Punctuation 1.pdf
- Year 2 English Grammar and Punctuation 5.pdf
- Year 2 English Grammar and Punctuation 4.pdf
- Year 2 English Grammar and Punctuation 6.pdf
In Literacy this week, the children should be learning about using 'subordinating conjunctions' (when, if, that or because). I have found a little activity which will help the children to practise using these (attached below).
Once you have completed these, I would like you to write a letter to me (Miss Jones) to tell me about the time spent with your family so far this week. Try to use as many of the conjunctions as you can in your letter so that I can see that are able to use them! This will link closely to our Computing objectives for sending an email. If you would like to email me with your letters, we could tick these off too!
- 'I can understand that emails can be used to communicate.'
- 'I can develop skills in opening, composing and sending emails.'
- 'I can use a range of language in emails.'
- 'I can develop skills in editing and formatting text in emails.'
- Literacy week beginning 23rd March 2020 - Using subordinating conjunctions 'when', 'if', 'that' or 'because'.pdf
I have copied some of the learning objectives below:
- 'I can use a digital camera.'
- 'I can edit and enhance photographs.'
- 'I can select my favourite photos and share them in a portfolio.'
To meet these objectives, you could photograph your home learning experiences and create a collage of everything you have been doing!
PARENTS OF KIDS AT HOME!
Please see details of links to the Dazzle Dance videos, with a couple more to be added at the weekend. They include a 6-7 minute quick fire choreography video and a practise, perfect and perform video. Pause and watch as often as you want! The choreography is aimed at primary aged children but smaller or older can join in.
Also, I have set up Dazzle Tots on-line. Craft, games, videos and a new theme each week for early years children. This week is Dinosaur week. You can do all of the activities in one day or one a day! Next weeks theme is Magical Creatures.
(Please excuse the unprofessional videos, its the best I could do at the moment and I will try to smile more!)
I would love to know if your child enjoys Dazzle 'at home' and if it is worth continuing. Also, an more ideas of how I can bring a bit of Dazzle into your home let me know.
Please forward on to friends, school, playgroups and nurseries as everything is free and ready to watch and download.
All the best Sarah